Those who know the Ladies who Bus will be aware that Jo has a (very) long history as the setter of an annual Christmas quiz… As a tribute to this tradition, ’63 Regular’ has compiled a bus-themed quiz section as the filler for our latest non-route. Nothing particularly challenging – the answers can be found within seconds via
good search engine, but we will in any case publish them in a future posting.
1. Which Hitchcock film inflicts an untimely end on a boy carrying what he thinks are some film cans on a double-decker bus?
2. How many horsepower does Flanders and Swan’s ‘Transport of Delight’ boast?
3. Which episode of the Harry Potter saga introduces the triple-decker Knight Bus?
4. Which 1960s rock band found love sharing an umbrella at a ‘Bus Stop’?
5. Which bus route did Radio presenter Geoff Lloyd defend at the Boring Conference in December 2010?
6. What is the name of the bad-tempered double-decker bus character in the TV adaptation of Thomas the Tank Engine?
7. According to conventional wisdom, how long is a blue whale, measured in double-decker buses?
8. What was the route number on the blind of the bus which Cliff Richard and his mates drove across Europe on their Summer Holiday?
9. Which mod rock band sang about a ‘Magic Bus’?
10. How fast do Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock have to keep the bus moving to stop Dennis Hopper’s bomb going off in Speed?