Tuesday 17 December 2013

The W6 Route

Wednesday 29 June 2011


Confession, they say, is good for the soul, so here goes.  We have no actual record of our trip on the W6.  Well, when I say ‘we’ I mean ‘me’.  Linda’s record keeping is much more thorough than mine, and she does not share my desire to keep my computer files thin and mean.

In my defence, I shall say that we travelled the route a very long time ago, as part of a trip which included the 191, and a rare trip to Brimsdown, a place of which we had never heard until we began the project.  And, if a further mitigating circumstance is permitted, we travelled a small part if it last week to get from the W4to the W8 and W9.

It was the first time we had been on a W bus, and I think we found it hard to imagine that we should even reach this far in the project.  It took us from Edmonton Green bus station and shopping area, to Southgate Station, and as I recall, the journey lasted only a little longer than the 30 minutes advertised.

Nipping south from Edmonton, it briefly parallels the North Circular, before the Great Cambridge interchange, and then heads up Hedge Lane.  This is where Linda and I ‘hail and rode’ it on our way to Southgate last week:  the first time I had even boarded a bus not at a stop. 

It then takes a little turn into attractive Palmers Green, before going on to Southgate’s beautiful station.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  I would say I had learned my lesson, but it is a little late in the projects course for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment